Partial Discharge Monitoring System
Meet OptimAE PD – a passive solution with state-of-the-art sensitivity for partial discharge measurements
Driven by fiber optic technology to deal with practical challenges such as EMI and remote locations
→ OptimAE PD: Partial Discharge Monitoring Solution
Detect and monitor partial discharge using fiber optics
OptimAE PD is a ground-breaking monitoring system that enables detection of partial discharge in any critical high-voltage component of your substation.
Thanks to its unique fiber-optic technology and passive sensing principle, OptimAE PD system delivers a set of benefits for your most challenging installations:
- Immune to electro magnetic interference
- Monitoring of remote components (cable junctions)
- Easy to install due to galvanically isolated sensors & no need of technically complex training
- No power required at sensing location
What is OptimAE PD?
OptimAE PD is the world’s first fiber optic partial discharge monitoring system.
Its unique patented technology delivers a high reliable fiber optics solution, while keeping the same performance of state-of-the-art electrical systems.
OptimAE PD solution includes:
- Modular acquisition unit (2 – 32 channels)
- Fiber optic acoustic emission (AE) sensors
- Dedicated software package
How does OptimAE PD work?
OptimAE PD enables to measure the acoustic footprint of partial discharges and to track their evolution over time.
The small and completely passive sensors can be easily installed and retrofitted to any kind of asset, enabling the detection of close-by internal and surface partial discharges.
The acoustic footprint acquired by the sensor is transmitted to the OptimAE acquisition unit trough a standard telecommunication optical fiber. The acquired data is then displayed and analyzed through the OptimAE software.
Why will you like OptimAE PD?
- Completely passive transducer
- Crystal clear signal in any environment
- Consistent measurements and reliable data
- Acquisition unit and sensors can be spaced several kilometers apart
- Monitoring of remote cable junctions
- Uninterrupted equipment operations during installation
- Safe galvanically-isolated sensor
- No technically complex training needed
Small & lightweight sensor
No power required
- No pre-amplifiers needed
- Simple cabling to cover long distances
Learn more about OptimAE
→ Acoustic Emission Sensing System
Learn about other applications for OptimAE
Fill in your name and email to receive the files.