Do you have the ambition to bring a new product to the market? Do you have affinity with optical fiber sensing? Are you looking for both a commercial and a technical challenge? Look no further!
We are looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to bring our high-end optical fiber-based sensing systems to the market. You will be building relations with – among others – large industrial companies active in renewable energy, railway, oil & gas, space, civil engineering, defense, aviation and many more.
- Lead generation and qualification.
- Have technical conversations to convince prospects to acquire our sensing systems.
- Visit potential customers, conferences and trade shows (worldwide)
- Give demonstrations and performing experiments with our sensing systems (incl. online)
- Make quotes and maintaining our CRM, follow up on leads.
- Perform negotiations and close the deals.
Skills & Competences
- Engineering or Physics degree (BSc or MSc) with 1-3 years’ experience.
- Self-starter, are able to work independently, and maintains a positive attitude.
- Combination of technical and commercial qualities.
- Interest for technology and innovation, eager to deepen knowledge of the market.
- Is result and goal driven, willing to invest in mastering our fiber optics sensing technology.
- Can navigate a customer interaction that is both technical and business focused with a variety of stakeholders.
- A professional and outgoing personality, with the ability to work both in a team environment and directly with clients.
- Can generate new business by actively approaching potential customers (cold contacting)
- Is willing to travel the world (25 – 40%)
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills.
We are a fast-growing high-tech company based in Amsterdam that develops and produces a wide range of fiber optic sensor systems and measuring instruments. We believe that optical fiber sensing provides a unique solution for many applications that involves precise measurements in challenging environments. Our products are supplied worldwide to various markets such as structural health monitoring, condition monitoring, energy, R&D, rail, defense and more. You will be part of an ambitious young team (average age 30+), with over 20 different cultural backgrounds and work in a challenging international environment, with huge personal opportunities to grow. Celebrating successes and achievements with the complete team is part of our DNA.
What we offer
Competitive primary and secondary working conditions within a challenging and dynamic international organization with driven and passionate colleagues. Furthermore, there is an informal work environment and a good perspective to grow into the organization.
Share this vacancy