We are looking for a Business Developer with a strong technical background and commercial drive for our Industrial Sensing division. You will be working hand in hand with our product management team to support the fast growth of our business through the creation of value propositions: gathering market & consumer insights to support business case definitions which later on will be translated into actual products.
- Lead research into our market of reference to develop insights and identify new business opportunities.
- Analyse business cases with the product management team to create propositions which can be translated into successful products.
- Identify and build relationships with new customers and early-adopters to pave the way to the commercialization of new products.
- Transfer the knowledge and insights gathered from the market to the rest of the company to leverage our marketing, sales, and R&D activities.
Skills & Competences
- Engineering or Physics degree (BSc or MSc).
- 4-8 years’ experience in a commercial role (B2B sales, business development, entrepreneurship)
- Commercial drive, ability to think from customer perspective and outside-in approach.
- Interest for technology and innovation, eager to deepen personal knowledge of the market.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with sensing technology or with developing business cases is a plus.
- Experience in our markets of reference is a plus: Structural health monitoring, Asset management, Condition monitoring, Power generation and distribution.
We are a fast-growing high-tech company based in Amsterdam that develops and produces a wide range of fiber optic sensor systems and measuring instruments. We believe that optical fiber sensing provides a unique solution for many applications that involves precise measurements in challenging environments. Our products are supplied worldwide to various markets such as structural health monitoring, condition monitoring, energy, R&D, rail, defense and more. You will be part of an ambitious young team (average age 30+), with over 20 different cultural backgrounds and work in a challenging international environment, with huge personal opportunities to grow. Celebrating successes and achievements with the complete team is part of our DNA.
What we offer
Competitive primary and secondary working conditions within a challenging and dynamic international organization with driven and passionate colleagues. Furthermore, there is an informal work environment and a good perspective to grow into the organization.
Share this vacancy