Are you entrepreneurially minded and eager to work in a high-tech company?
We are looking for a full-time Business Controller with a strong financial background, who can play a pivotal role in the growth of the company. You direct and manage a wide range of financial, legal and HR processes.
For this you work with the management team, the administrator, our HR department, our sales and development teams and external advisors in our Amsterdam, Ireland and US offices.
- Manage and execute various aspects of the financial and legal administration;
- Direct and manage the staff team, functioning as a liaison between finance, HR, operations management and purchasing;
- Standardize, coordinate & deliver periodic internal and external financial and business reporting;
- Coordinate year-end closing activities amongst the different entities together with the local accountants;
- Ensure compliance on intercompany agreements between the different company entities;
- Identify and request relevant subsidies and grants, and coordinate correct administration hereof;
- Propose and coordinate improvements to streamline business processes;
- Implement a project administration system within the company.
Skills & Competences
- Relevant education at BSc or MSc level;
- Minimal 4 years’ work experience in a finance or controlling function;
- Broad financial, administrative, and legal knowledge;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Team player;
- Experience with bookkeeping or ERP software, such as ExactOnline;
- Excellent English & Dutch communication and presentation skills;
- Affinity with technology and innovation;
- Pro-active & hands-on person with entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills, potential to grow to CFO role.
We are a fast-growing high-tech company based in Amsterdam that develops and produces a wide range of fiber optic sensor systems and measuring instruments. We believe that optical fiber sensing provides a unique solution for many applications that involves precise measurements in challenging environments. Our products are supplied worldwide to various markets such as structural health monitoring, condition monitoring, energy, R&D, rail, defense and more. You will be part of an ambitious young team (average age 30+), with over 20 different cultural backgrounds and work in a challenging international environment, with huge personal opportunities to grow. Celebrating successes and achievements with the complete team is part of our DNA.
What we offer
Competitive primary and secondary working conditions within a challenging and dynamic international organization with driven and passionate colleagues. Furthermore, there is an informal work environment and a good perspective to grow into the organization.
Share this vacancy