Do you have the ambition to bring a new product to the market? Do you have affinity with optical fiber sensing? Are you looking for both a commercial and a technical challenge? Look no further!
We are looking for an application-driven engineer to support the growth of our technologies from initial research phase, through customer pilots towards scalable turn-key solutions. You will work closely with dynamic and cross-functional teams (product management and sales/marketing) to work on groundbreaking sensing technology with applications in many industries such as power generation & distribution, civil engineering, structural health monitoring, renewable energy and semicon.
- Assist in validating our product-market combinations by executing measurements and interpreting results.
- Develop strategies for extracting useful information from data based on customer needs.
- Produce technical documentation such as white papers, application notes.
- Provide customers with technical support and product training.
- Manage and execute installations of our sensing systems on the field.
- Develop and build test setups.
Skills & Competences
- Engineering or Physics degree (BSc or MSc).
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (signal processing, test setup development, R&D).
- Experience with data analysis / signal processing (e.g. LabView, Matlab, Python).
- Is result and goal driven, willing to invest in mastering our fiber optics sensing technology.
- A professional and outgoing personality, with the ability to work both in a team environment and directly with clients.
- Commercial mindset, ability to think from customer perspective.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Willing to travel the world (25-40% of the time)
- Experience with fiber optic sensing or with acoustic emission is a plus.
- Experience in our markets of reference is a plus: Structural health monitoring, Asset management, Condition monitoring, Non-destructive testing.
We are a fast-growing high-tech company based in Amsterdam that develops and produces a wide range of fiber optic sensor systems and measuring instruments. We believe that optical fiber sensing provides a unique solution for many applications that involves precise measurements in challenging environments. Our products are supplied worldwide to various markets such as structural health monitoring, condition monitoring, energy, R&D, rail, defense and more. You will be part of an ambitious young team (average age 30+), with over 20 different cultural backgrounds and work in a challenging international environment, with huge personal opportunities to grow. Celebrating successes and achievements with the complete team is part of our DNA.
What we offer
Competitive primary and secondary working conditions within a challenging and dynamic international organization with driven and passionate colleagues. Furthermore, there is an informal work environment and a good perspective to grow into the organization.
To apply, please send in both your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention Application Engineer Industrial Sensing in the subject when applying for the position.
Share this vacancy