Algorithm developer/Data processing expert
Optics11 is developing a new range of instruments, based on optical fiber sensing. We are looking for a skilled algorithm developer and signal processing specialist with a background in physics and engineering. Working in a highly motivated and talented R&D team, the candidate is a key player in the development of unique and world class fiber optic instruments.
Are you in for a challenge?
- Design and development of processing algorithms applied to our fiber optic sensors
- Signal processing optimisation aimed to achieve maximum performance
- Collaboration with the SW and HW development team
- Providing technical leadership in algorithm development, contributing to best practices
- Preparation and maintenance of developed algorithms and models (Confluence, Git)
- Interpretation and alignment of algorithms specifications to industry performance standards
- Contribution to growth of a new technology and direct impact on systems development
Skills & Competences
- PhD/MS or equivalent in mathematics, physics, or engineering
- Experience with C/C++/Python/Matlab or equivalent
- Experience with LabView and embedded programming is a plus
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in data processing/algorithm development
- Experience analyzing, manipulating, and visualizing data
- Experience with shape tracking algorithms is a plus
- Result driven and capable of working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to master new ideas from a wide range of fields, including mathematics, engineering, physics, statistics, and computer science
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Strong written and spoken communication skills on technical topics
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
We are a fast-growing high-tech company based in Amsterdam that develops and produces a wide range of fiber optic sensor systems and measuring instruments. We believe that optical fiber sensing provides a unique solution for many applications that involves precise measurements in challenging environments. Our products are supplied worldwide to various markets such as structural health monitoring, condition monitoring, energy, R&D, rail, defense and more. You will be part of an ambitious young team (average age 30+), with over 20 different cultural backgrounds and work in a challenging international environment, with huge personal opportunities to grow. Celebrating successes and achievements with the complete team is part of our DNA.
What we offer
Competitive primary and secondary working conditions within a challenging and dynamic international organization with driven and passionate colleagues. Furthermore, there is an informal work environment and a good perspective to grow into the organization.
Share this vacancy